2. "MEET THE STAFF" - Information Technology - Barry Manilow
C. ORAL COMMUNICATIONS - 7:40pm*
1. TELEPHONE CALL-IN (555.285.1020) (Members of the public are invited to place telephone calls to comment on issues that do not appear on the evening's agenda. The City Council will take up to three telephone calls per meeting. Comments on the evening's agenda must be made in person as the item comes before the City Council.)
2. AUDIENCE COMMENTS. Any person wishing to address the City Council on any matter not on the agenda may do so at this time. However, the State open meetings law (Government Code Section 54950 et seq.) prohibits the City Council from providing a detailed response or acting upon any item not contained on the agenda posted 72 hours before a regular meeting and 24 hours before a special meeting. If you wish to address the City Council at this time, please complete a speaker's card and give it to the City Clerk prior to the commencement of the meeting. Please use the microphone provided, clearly stating your name for the official record and courteously limiting your remarks to three (3) minutes so others may have the opportunity to speak as well.
3. REPORT FROM THE CITY MANAGER
4. CITY COUNCILMEMBER AND COMMITTEE REPORTS
D. PUBLIC HEARING - 7:50pm*
1. AN APPEAL OF THE PLANNING COMMISSION'S DECISION TO GRANT A MINOR ACCOMMODATION PERMIT TO ALLOW THE EXTENSION OF AN EXISTING LEGALLY NONCONFORMING SIDE YARD SETBACK FOR AN ADDITION TO A SECOND STORY GREATER THAN 14 FEET IN HEIGHT FOR A SINGLE FAMILY PROPERTY LOCATED AT 555 NORTH LINDEN DRIVE.
2. APPEAL OF THE RESOLUTION OF THE PLANNING COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF BEVERLY HILLS DENYING A REQUEST FOR A GENERAL PLAN AMENDMENT, A ZONING CODE AMENDMENT TO CREATE AN OVERLAY ZONE, A VESTING TENTATIVE TRACT MAP, A PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AND ASSOCIATED ENCROACHMENT PERMITS, AND A PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT TO ALLOW CONSTRUCTION OF A MIXED-USE PROJECT WITH 14,000 SQUARE FEET OF RETAIL/COMMERCIAL SPACE AND 54 RESIDENTIAL CONDOMINIUM UNITS FOR PROPERTY LOCATED AT 5500 WILSHIRE BOULEVARD (LEGACY PARTNERS). Comment: The Planning Commission adopted the resolution denying the project on July 27, 2006 and the applicant requests a public hearing of the appeal for September 5, 2006. Staff recommends that this matter be set for hearing on Tuesday, September 5, 2006 at 7:30p.m.
3. APPEAL OF THE RESOLUTION OF THE PLANNING COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF BEVERLY HILLS DENYING A REQUEST FOR A GENERAL PLAN AMENDMENT, A ZONING CODE AMENDMENT TO CREATE AN OVERLAY ZONE, A VESTING TENTATIVE TRACT MAP, A PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AND A PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT TO ALLOW CONSTRUCTION OF A MIXED-USE PROJECT WITH 25 RESIDENTIAL CONDOMINIUM UNITS AND APPROXIMATELY 4,800 SQUARE FEET OF RETAIL/COMMERCIAL SPACE FOR A PROPERTY LOCATED AT 6666 WILSHIRE BOULEVARD (WILSHIRE COLONIAL PARTNERS LLC).
E. CONTINUED AND NEW BUSINESS - 8:00pm*
1. BOARD OF EQUALIZATION HEARING ON MODIFICATION OR CONFIRMATION OF A $37,429.70 ASSESSMENT FOR CITY CAUSED ABATEMENT OF A PUBLIC NUISANCE AT 666 N. GALE DRIVE.
2. RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF BEVERLY HILLS ESTABLISHING PREFERENTIAL PARKING PERMIT ZONE "AB" ON THE 400 BLOCK OF SOUTH SWALL DRIVE AND NORTH SIDE OF WHITWORTH DRIVE BETWEEN CLARK DRIVE AND THE SWALL/LA PEER ALLEYWAY.
3. RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF BEVERLY HILLS APPROVING A CENTRAL R-1 PERMIT WAIVING THE MAXIMUM LOT WIDTH PROVISIONS PURSUANT TO BEVERLY HILLS MUNICIPAL CODE SECTION 10-3-2428 C. FOR THE PROPERTY LOCATED AT 565 SOUTH WETHERLY DRIVE.
4. RESOLUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF BEVERLY HILLS APPROVING AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CITY OF BEVERLY HILLS AND THE BEVERLY HILLS UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT FOR FUNDING THE INSTALLATION OF SYNTHETIC TURF AT BEVERLY HILLS HIGH SCHOOL.
F. CONSENT CALENDAR - 8:30pm*
1. Consideration of the Minutes of the adjourned regular meeting of June 12, 2006.
2. REVIEW OF BUDGETED DEMANDS PAID, report dated July 5-12, 2006.
3. REVIEW OF BUDGETED DEMANDS PAID, report dated July 14-20, 2006.
4. PAYROLL DISBURSEMENT REPORT, report dated August 1, 2006.
5. AMENDING SECTIONS 2-2-105 AND 10-3-4404 OF THE BEVERLY HILLS MUNICIPAL CODE REGARDING TERM OF APPOINTMENT TO CITY COMMISSIONS. For Adoption.
6. REAPPOINTING FOUR MEMBERS TO THE DESIGN REVIEW COMMISSION
7. APPROPRIATING FUNDS IN THE AMOUNT OF $15,526.05 FOR THE DARE PROGRAM.
8. AN AGREEMENT WITH ROBERT S. REDFDORD FOR THE DONATION OF STOCK.
9. AWARDING A CONTRACT TO YOUNG ELECTRIC SIGN COMPANY FOR SIGN FABRICATION AND INSTALLATION FOR THE BEVERLY GARDENS SIGN RESTORATION PROJECT AND APPROVING PLANS AND SPECIFICATIONS THEREFOR; AND
10A. AN AGREEMENT WITH RBF CONSULTING FOR THE PREPARATION OF AN ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT FOR THE 231 NORTH BEVERLY DRIVE PROJECT; AND
10B. AN AGREEMENT WITH RBF CONSULTING FOR PLANNING AND TECHNICAL CONSULTING SERVICES FOR THE 231 NORTH BEVERLY DRIVE PROJECT; AND
APPROVAL OF A PURCHASE ORDER FOR $205,980.
10C. AN AGREEMENT WITH BEVERLY WILSHIRE OWNER, LP FOR REIMBURSEMENT OF THE COSTS OF PREPARATION OF AN ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT AND PLANNING AND TECHNICAL CONSULTING SERVICES AND PAYMENT OF ADMINISTRATION AND CONSULTANT MANAGEMENT FEES FOR 231 NORTH BEVERLY DRIVE.
Comment: The contracts hire RBF Consultant to prepare an EIR and provide supporting planning services for a six-story, 201,000 square-foot Class A office building proposed on Beverly Drive. Funding of contracts is fully borne by the applicant.
11. AN AGREEMENT WITH IMPACT SCIENCES, INC. FOR THE PREPARATION OF AN ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT FOR 9876 WILSHIRE BOULEVARD (THE BEVERLY HILTON OASIS); AND
12. ADOPTING THE STATEMENT OF INVESTMENT POLICY FOR FISCAL YEAR 2006/2007.
13. AN AGREEMENT WITH STEGEMAN AND KASTNER, INC. FOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT SERVICES RELATED TO THE CITY'S CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS; AND
14. AMENDMENT NO. 1 TO AN AGREEMENT WITH MANATT PHELPS PHILLIPS FOR FEDERAL LEGISLATIVE ADVOCACY SERVICES.
15. AMENDMENT NO. 1 TO THE AGREEMENT FOR CONTINUING LEGAL SERVICES WITH DAPEER, ROSENBLIT & LITVAK, LLP.
16. AN AGREEMENT WITH MUNIFINANCIAL FOR THE PREPARATION OF A DEVELOPMENT IMPACT FEE STUDY FOR THE CITY OF BEVERLY HILLS; AND
17. VARIOUS CITY PURCHASING TRANSACTIONS AS DESCRIBED HEREIN:
18. DESIGNATION OF A VOTING DELEGATE AND ALTERNATE VOTING DELEGATE FOR THE LEAGUE OF CALIFORNIA CITIES ANNUAL BUSINESS MEETING ON SEPTEMBER 9, 2006.
G. COMMISSION SYNOPSIS
1. Synopsis - TRAFFIC & PARKING COMMISSION - regular meeting of February 2, 2006. Synopsis - TRAFFIC & PARKING COMMISSION - special meeting of February 15, 2006.
Synopsis - TRAFFIC & PARKING COMMISSION - adjourned regular meeting of March 9, 2006.
Synopsis - TRAFFIC & PARKING COMMISSION - regular meeting of April 6, 2006.
Synopsis - TRAFFIC & PARKING COMMISSION - regular meeting of May 4, 2006.
Synopsis - DESIGN REVIEW COMMISSION - regular meeting of May 17, 2006.
Synopsis - TRAFFIC & PARKING COMMISSION - regular meeting of June 1, 2006.
Synopsis - SOLICITATIONS ADVISORY COMMISSION - regular meeting of June 14, 2006.
Synopsis - DESIGN REVIEW COMMISSION - regular meeting of June 21, 2006.
Synopsis - PLANNING COMMISSION - regular meeting of June 22, 2006.